Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Beautiful Card

There was a card entitled "Heaven's Grocery Store" with the following words:


"I was walking down life's highway a long time ago. 
One day, I saw a sign that read, 


"HEAVEN'S GROCERY STORE"
As I got a little closer,  the door came open wide. 
And when I came to myself, I was standing inside.




I saw a host of angels. They were everywhere. 
One handed me a basket and said, "My child shop with care. 
Everything a Christian needed was in the Grocery Store.
And all you couldn't carry, you could comeback the next day."


First,  I got some PATIENCE, LOVE was in the same row.
Further down was UNDERSTANDING, you need that everywhere you go.
I got a box of two WISDOM, a bag or two of FAITH.
I couldn't miss the Holy Ghost for it was all over the place.
I stopped to get some STRENGTH and COURAGE to help me run the race.
But then my basket was getting full, but I remembered, I needed some 
GRACE.


I didn't forget SALVATION, for salvation that was free.
So, I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.
Then, I started up the counter to pay the grocery bill.
For I thought I have everything to do my master's will.
As I went up the aisle, I saw PRAYER and I just had to put that IN.
For I know when I stepped outside, I would run into SIN.
PEACE and JOY were plentiful, they were on the last shelf.
SONGS and PRAISES were hanging near so I just helped myself.



Then I said to the Angel. 
"Now how much do I owe?"
He just smiled and said, "just like then everywhere you go."
Again I smiled at him and said, "How much do I really owe?"
The Angel smiled again and said,
"MY CHILD, JESUS PAID YOUR BILL A LONG TIME AGO."



You might also be interested in...