Monday, September 12, 2011

Shamcey Supsup



Reigning Binibining Pilipinas-Universe Shamcey Supsup was the third runner-up in the 60th year anniversary of Miss Universe beauty pageant held at the Credicard Hall in São Paulo, Brazil.


The only candidate that has a perfect catwalk and a very strong contender. She was the only one among the top 5 contestants who answered the judge's question in English. The others gave their replies in their own languages.




  • Placed 2nd in the online fan ranking with 7.0 of the global online votes. 
  • Topped the online fan ranking during the Miss Universe question and         answer portion. 
  • Placed second in the online ranking for the evening gown competition.


Question and Answer Portion


Judge Vivica A. Fox asked Shamcey the following question:

 "Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love?  
  Why or why not?"



Her answer:

 "If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God, too."




Facts about Shamcey


Shamcey Gurrea Supsup was born on May 16, 1986; She moved in General Santos City with her family when she was 3 years old. General Santos City is also the hometown of Filipino boxing icon, Manny  "Pacman" Pacquiao.

She grew up with her father, Timoteo, since her mother (Marcey) worked as an engineer abroad. Before studying in Manila, she helped her  father in the farm, feeding chickens and goats

In school,  she studied hard and enjoyed reading books. She was a valedictorian of her grade school batch, and was salutatorian of her high school batch at the Makati High School.


She graduated from the University of the Philippines-Diliman as Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Architecture. 



She also topped the Architecture Licensure Examination in July last year.









Though Shamcey did not bring home the crown, for us she's a  real winner.  A true Filipina both in words and actions . Shamcey is the best and she stood out among the rest. We, Filipinos are so proud of you! Congratulations!